How to send bikes
guide to sending bikes
Can I send a bike through parcel courier?
Yes, but you need to contact us directly at to discuss your options when choosing the right courier to send a bike.
What courier services are available?
Here at we have partnered with a few parcel couriers that offer services for larger parcels. These include Parcelforce Large Express 24 and Parcelforce Large Express 48.
How to package a bike
When booking with Parcelforce Large Express 24 or Parcelforce Large Express 48 the parcel must not weigh more than 30kg, be longer than 2.5 meters in length, and the combined girth must not be longer than 5m. To find out how to calculate a parcels girth visit our guide here.
To package a bike, follow these simple steps
1. Locate a suitable box to send your bike in. The box must be strong enough and big enough to hold your bike and withstand the courier journey. Boxes specifically designed for bikes can be found online. We do not recommend using second hand or damaged boxes.
2. You must remove any extra attachments from your bike. These include mudguards, lights, water bottle holders, and baskets. Any stickers or light reflectors can remain if they are not bulky/3D.
3. Now you must dismantle the bike to your best ability. This will include dethatching the wheels, handle bars, seat etc.
4. Once your bike is dismantled you must wrap the pieces of the bike together in bubble wrap and foam layering. Remember to keep any bolts and the chain in a secure pouch to add to the inside of the parcel.
5. Place the now packaged bike into the parcel. Any spare space within the inside of the parcel must be filled with bubble wrap or foam chips.
6. To secure your parcel make sure you use strong parcel tap and where necessary use a staple gun to secure the edges of the parcel.
7. We recommend if your bike is of high value or sentimental value to add fragile tape to the outside of the parcel.
What if I’m still unsure?
As mentioned above, you must contact us directly to discuss sending a bike via parcel courier. Our friendly customer care team are on hand Monday-Friday 9:30am-5:00pm. Contact us here.